Advanced Venipuncture Arm (Dark Skin Tone)
The Advanced Venipuncture Arm can be used to accurately simulate venipuncture, IV cannulation, and IV infusion.
Limbs & Things venipuncture arms accurately represent the key haptics of veins in a male right arm. Using palpation, trainees can determine the location of the veins to draw a blood sample or administer an intravenous injection.
The mock blood system offers a real-life training experience. Trainees will experience realistic blood pressure, blood flashback when entering the vein, and stemmed flow with digital pressure.
Improvements for a better training experience
This model retains popular features of the original venipuncture range, including, realistic blood flashback, vein haptics and soft flexible skin. To increase user experience within the classroom, enhancements have been made to improve its ease of use and durability.
Vein Gripping System - Simplifying the re-veining process, the underlying arm now includes recesses for the veins. This allows for an accurate and secure placement with little to no chance of movement when re-applying the arm skin.
Modular Veins - The veins have been split into two separate pieces, the Metacarpal Vein Module and the ACF Vein Module. Having the two vein modules rather than one, trainees are able to use each section until it needs replacing, reducing waste and making the product more cost effective.
Veins of the basilic, cephalic, dorsal metacarpal and median cubital regions are all present in the advanced model.
Unique Skin Locking System – New skin designs (for both light and dark skin tones) utilise a peg system which secures the edges of the loose skin close to the underlying arm. Carefully positioned on the underside of the arm, the pegs won’t interfere with any training scenarios.
Pressurized System – The improved fluid system operates at a realistic blood pressure, this reduces blood leakage from the veins and prolongs the life of the individual modules.
Take a look at how easy it is to re-skin and re-vein our IV arms. (Limbs & Things YouTube channel, runtime 1m 10s.)
- Vein structures are now modular with a separate ACF vein and Metacarpal Vein, allowing for replacement of individual parts
- New and improved skin-locking system (patent pending) improves arm re-skinning after replacing a vein module
- New vein gripping system allows for easy re-fitting and positioning of veins
- Advanced Pump System reduces internal leakage for a more user-friendly experience
- Veins are palpable with realistic haptics for accurate clinical use
- Infusion tube allows for intravenous fluids to be administered
- Includes pressurized blood system
- Arm provides a realistic blood flashback upon insertion of needle
- Improved arm skin offers a more realistic look and feel
- Veins in the metacarpal & ACF modules are palpable
- Realistic representation of the antecubital fossa (SCF) and metacarpal regions
- With the Advanced Pump, the advanced venipuncture arm operates at an accurate blood pressure
- Gripping systems secures veins in a true-to-life position
- Arm is compatible with vacuum blood collection systems, needles & syringe, and IV cannulas
- Extended tubing allows for extra maneuverability in the classroom for use with a simulated patient
- Flush liquid from the vein and fluid system before storing your product
- Clean the skin surface with a damp soft cloth, using warm water and mild detergent
- Allow skin to thoroughly dry before storing
- Only use Concentrated Venous Blood supplied with the arms, or product numbers 00020 & 00021, other fluids may weaken or damage the venipuncture simulator
- Use water-based lubricant to fit arm skin over the venipuncture arm base
- Veins contain latex, however, these are covered by the silicone arm skin during procedures
- Suitable for use with a simulated patient to test communication skills
Sites for peripheral venous cannulation
- Dorsal metacarpal vein in the hand
- Antecubital Fossa (ACF) vein in the arm
Metacarpal Vein Module anatomy
- Basilic vein
- Cephalic vein
- Dorsal metacarpal veins
ACF Vein Module anatomy
- Basilic vein
- Cephalic vein
- Median cubital vein
- Intravenous Cannulation in dorsal metacarpal and ACF sites
- IV infusion
- Practice of aseptic techniques
- Communications skills when using a simulated patient
Venipuncture Arm Skin (Dark Skin Tone)
Produktnummer. AAALT70311Läs mer
Produktnummer. AAALT00302Läs mer
Koncentrerat venöst blod - Startpaket
Produktnummer. AAALT00020Läs mer
Venpunktion arm infusionsrör
Produktnummer. AAALT00335Läs mer
ACF Vein Module
Produktnummer. AAALT70306Läs mer
Produktnummer. AAALT70307Läs mer
Pressurized Venipuncture Arm Mock Blood Supply
Produktnummer. AAALT70315Läs mer
Flaska för påfyllning
Produktnummer. AAALT00303Läs mer
|-||Venipuncture Arm Core||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|70311||Venipuncture Arm Skin (Dark Skin Tone)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|00302||Venipuncture Arm Rest||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|00020||Concentrated Venous Blood||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|00335||Venipuncture Arm Infusion Tube||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|70309||Basic Venipuncture Arm Vein||Yes||No||No|
|70306||ACF Vein Module||No||Yes||Yes|
|70307||Metacarpal Vein Module||No||Yes||Yes|
|70316||Gravity System Blood Supply||Yes||Yes||No|
|70315||Pressurized Venipuncture Supply||No||No||Yes|
|-||Lubricant Sachets (x3)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
How are these different to the previous venipuncture arm models?
While the idea of the model is the same, the components have been updated to improve the teaching and learning experience. With the new skin locking system and modular veins of the Advanced Arm, set-up is much easier. The modular veins also mean that you only need to replace the individual section when needed, reducing the ongoing cost of consumables.
We already have the Limbs & Things Standard Venipuncture Arms, are we able to upgrade to the advanced model?
Yes. Adding the Pressurized Venipuncture Arm Mock Blood System to your Standard Arm set-up will give you the most true-to-life learning experience.
Can trainees perform intravenous cannulation on this venipuncture and injection arm?
Trainees can practice IV cannulation with this model. Used with a simulated patient, you can also practice aspects of the procedure that are commonly tested with this skill.
Can we purchase the advanced venipuncture models in bulk?
Yes. Limbs & Things offer packs of the Advanced Venipuncture Arms, these contain 5 AVA Trainers (70300), 5 ACF Vein Modules (70306 and 5 Arm Skins (70312). Advanced Arm value packs can be purchased in Light Skin Tone or Dark Skin Tone versions.