Uterus for AVB - PROMPT Flex
The AVB Uterus, when used in conjunction with the Foam Inserts and Uterus supports, provides realistic resistance to the user when delivering the PROMPT Baby.
With the uterus fitted to the Birthing Mother base, and secured to a suitable surface, trainees are able to perform “hands free” births. This allows the trainer to spend more time in front of the manikin teaching rather than behind, holding the PROMPT in place. This also holds the baby in place while a Kiwi Cup or Odon Assist device is inserted.
As part of the Assisted Vaginal Birth Module in the PROMPT Flex range, it supports skills training for:
- Direct cephalic delivery using forceps and ventouse
- Classic style forceps (Simpson, Elliot, Tucker McLane, etc.)
- Ventouse (Kiwi Cup assisted delivery)
- Breech delivery (Pipers forceps)
- Rotational delivery (Kiellands, Kiwi Cup)
- Other devices, such as Odon Assist
- Application of fundal pressure