What type of breast exams can be performed on the Limbs & Things breast trainer?
Both Breast Self Examinations (BSE) and Clinical Breast Exams (CBE) can be performed on our examination breast models.
Medical professionals can use the Advanced Breast Trainer to train in:
- Breast palpation to identify lumps/masses, including size and shape
- Axillary, subpectoral, supraclavicular and infraclavicular lymph node palpation
- Identification of fibrocystic disease, fibroadenoma, cysts and carcinomas
Can the breast examination simulator be used to identify different pathologies, including signs of breast cancer?
Yes, the trainer comes with a variety of different pathologies. As standard, all Limbs & Things breast exam models come with representations of 2, 3 & 5cm carcinomas, a cyst, a fibroadenoma, and fibrocystic disease.
The advanced breast exam simulator also comes with lymph node pads, allowing for the identification of axillary, supra and infraclavicular lymph nodes.
What parts of the Clinical Breast Examination (CBE) can be done on the advanced breast exam simulator?
From a typical clinical examination, the breast examination simulator can be used for the following training:
- Breast palpation to identify:
- Masses – including size, shape, edge, consistency, surface, and relations
- Lymph node palpation:
- Axillary (anterior, posterior, medial, lateral and apical)
- Identification of clinical conditions:
- Early and Advanced breast cancer
- Fibrocystic disease
- Breast abscess
Training not covered by this range:
- Inspection – asymmetry, skin changes, nipple changes, nipple discharge
- Temperature during breast palpation
- Examination for distant metastases – vertebral tenderness & straight leg raising, chest examination, hepatomegaly
Can I use the breast examination trainer to practice aspiration of a cyst?
This model doesn’t offer that feature, however aspiration of a cyst can be practised on our Examination and Diagnostic Breast Trainer (40044).