Birthing Simulator PROMPT Flex - Advanced (Dark Skin Tone)
The Advanced PROMPT Flex Birthing Simulator is an anatomically correct representation of a mother and baby. Its modular design allows for multiple training scenarios, and it forms the base for the complete PROMPT Flex range of birthing modules.
This birthing trainer offers a hybrid solution to your training needs. Quick and easy to set up straight from the box you are able to:
- Use as a stand alone model for group learning
- Secure to a bench top or bed for a more realistic bedside scenario to improve professional-patient communications
In addition to the functionality of the PROMPT Flex Standard model, this version of the PROMPT has a Bluetooth enabled Force Monitoring baby.
During labor there is a threshold of force that can result in brachial plexus injury during shoulder dystocia. The Force Monitoring Baby measures the force applied by trainees during drills. In conjunction with the Limbs & Things Birthing Simulator Software, instructors have the ability to record actions and interventions made, and the time to deliver the baby.
A simple meter mode in the software allows trainees valuable practice in applying force to the baby outside of the context of a scenario - enabling them to become familiar with the feel of both safe and excessive force before encountering a real obstetric emergency.
The PROMPT birthing simulators are listed as being modular in design, what does this mean?
Standard and Advanced birthing simulators comprise of a Birthing Mother and Baby model. The Limbs & Things PROMPT Flex range has several additional modules that can be used in combination with the birth simulator base.
- Lower Legs – articulated at the knee, these offer increased realism when used with the birthing mother
- Enhanced Cesarean Section module – suitable for the practice of routine and complex c-sections
- Postpartum Hemorrhage module – give training in the management of postpartum bleeding
- Cervical Dilation & Effacement module – develop assessment and management skills required during latent and active first stages of labor
- Compression Suture Uterus – additional module for practicing common types of compression sutures and ligating the uterine artery
- PPH Kit – this kit includes the postpartum hemorrhage module and compression suture uterus module for postpartum bleeding and compression suture and ligating of the uterine artery
- Cervical Cerclage module – practice of elective or emergency cerclage to prevent pre-term birth
What does this childbirth simulator offer to medical students?
As part of a birth simulation, trainees will get hands-on experience with our realistic labor simulator. Simulated births offer the chance to develop their communication and teamwork skills, as well as practice fundamental skills required during labour.
Will using the PROMPT Flex Birthing Simulator during training improve neonatal outcomes?
A retrospective study undertaken by Southmead Hospital, UK, showed that after the introduction of simulation training there was improvement seen in the management and outcomes of births complicated by shoulder dystocia. See the skills tab for more information on the study: Improving Neonatal Outcome Through Practical Shoulder Dystocia Training.