What gauge of needle is recommended for use with the TruIV Block?
The manufacturer recommends using a size 20G needle for intravenous cannulation. While you can use any appropriate needle for practice, do not use anything larger than 18G, as this may damage the model and void your warranty.
How much set-up does the training model require before it can be used in practice?
Once out of the box, there are two steps to take before training can begin.
- Prime with artificial blood – prepare approximately 200ml of concentrated blood (available separately) and fill the two vein compartments as per the user manual
- Apply ultrasound gel – apply gel to the block and/or probe as required
This process shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes, for full instructions, you can download the User Manual from the “Download” tab.
Who is this product designed for, and who will benefit from training with the TruIV Block?
- Emergency Medical Services
- Anaesthetist programs
- Surgical training programs
- Ultrasound/Sonography training programs
- Radiology training programs
- Medical simulation centres & education facilities
- Manufacturers of ultrasound devices