If I order the AirSim Combo X model, what can I expect to receive in the box?
The AirSim Combo X simulator comes ready to use in the box, and has a larynx and neck skin fitted for instant use. Each model comes with an additional 4 larynx inserts, a bottle of TruCorp Lubrication, adhesive pads with suction cups, and is packed in a durable storage bag.
How frequently will we need to purchase additional consumables for this airway management trainer?
Each component has a different life-span, the most common are listed below:
- Wraparound neck skins – each neck skin can be rotated between procedures, with efficient use, a skin can be used for 10 to 15 procedures
- Larynx inserts – a single larynx insert can be used for one surgical crichothyroidotomy and three tracheostomy procedures
- Combo X head and neck skin – the head skins should not need replacing unless physical damage occurs
- AirSim airway – the airway should not need replacing, the design has been mechanically tested and accredited for over 20,000 intubation cycles
What equipment is recommended for use with the AirSim Combo X airway manikin?
While the AirSim Combo X is compatible with a full range of supraglottic devices, the following are recommended by the manufacturer for optimal performance:
- 7.0-7.5mm ID for nasal intubation
- 8.0-9.0mm ID for oral intubation
- Size 3-5 for LMA laryngeal masks
- Similar respective sizes for other supraglottic devices