Cervical Dilatation & Effacement Module (CD&E) - PROMPT Flex (Dark Skin Tone)
Part of the PROMPT Flex range, the Cervical Dilatation & Effacement Module allows for training in the assessment and management of both the latent, and active, early stages of labor.
This model can be used to create a wide variety of birthing scenarios to identify:
- Position/tilt of the cervix
- Consistency of the cervix
- Cervical effacement
- Cervical dilation – early/latent phase, active phase and transition phase
- Fetal station
- Normal and abnormal foetal presentation
- Moulding of the skull bones
- Caput formation
- Presence of membrane and amniotic fluid
This cervical dilation module can be purchased as an add-on to the Standard or Advanced PROMPT Flex simulators, and allows for the assessment of labor progression, likelihood of vaginal delivery, and suitability for induction.